It is my pleasure to welcome you to the professional clinical counseling, advocacy and consult services of Kimberly A. May, M.C.E., M.S.W, LCSW.
Meeting the Need
Today’s children and their families are pressed upon by many challenges, most of which are unexpected. At times, the needs of our larger society sacrifice the growth and development of the individual family, crippling them in their management of life’s demands. Most disturbing, are the ever-diminishing resources to help children and families meet these daily challenges.
Kimberly is an experienced clinician of twenty years specializing in child, adolescent and family counseling. The focus of her counseling and consulting practice is the treatment of disruptive behavioral disorders which result out of traumatic experiences and life-spanning challenges. Her approach is to assist families in working together to find effective and practical solutions. She encourages total family participation throughout the counseling process.
Kimberly has gathered her experience from work in a variety of settings. Her clinical experience includes private practice and child/adolescent psychiatric programs. Kimberly gained her child & family advocacy experience in child advocacy and welfare agencies.
Her services are offered in Volusia and surrounding counties. While Kimberly’s services are comprehensive; she has Specialized Skills and Clinical Management for:
- Early Childhood Developmental Delays
- ADHD & ODD/CD Challenges
- Bipolar Disorder Challenges in Children & Adults
- Anxiety/Depression & Other Mood Related Issues
- Trauma Recovery
- Attachment & Relationship-Conflicts
- Divorce & Grief Adjustments of Adults & Children
- Family Law & Mediation Support & Consultation
- Co-Parent Counseling
- Elder Care Transition Counseling & Consultation
Kimberly provides and utilizes a variety of Traditional Interventions and Techniques, to include:
- Psychosocial Assessment & Evaluation
- Interactive Child Counseling
- Interactive Adolescent Counseling
- Supportive Parent Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Couples or Joint Counseling and Family Counseling
- Play Therapy
- Child & Individual Counseling
- Counseling Services
- Counselors-Licensed Professional
- Mental Health Services